Wednesday, August 03, 2011

I Have To Start Somewhere

ENTRY 0001


A few days ago, I finally got around to getting my Ebay account reinstated.  It had been suspended a few years ago because the email address I used when I signed up with Ebay had become invalid.  I tried to change email addresses, but I ended up making a mess of things, hence the suspension.

Once I was reinstated, I tried to change the email address.  I already had a Gmail address that was the same as my Ebay username, and my plan was to use that address.  Ebay wouldn't let me do that.  So, I transposed a couple of the elements in my username, signed up for a new Gmail address, then tried changing the email address at Ebay again.

This time, success!

And since this new Gmail address (or Google account, if you prefer) also provides a Blogger account, I thought I would use it for something a little different.

Hi, my name is Johnny Carruthers.

I am a science fiction fan (among other things), and like many of my fellows, I have managed to amass a respectable-sized library over the years.  But I admit, there are a few gaps here and there in my collection.  Books and magazines (and other things) that I have been unable to acquire, for one reason or another.  I have managed to fill in some of the gaps, but of course, more appear.

I'm planning to use this blog to document the process of my acquiring missing items, whether I find them on Ebay, in the dealers room at a science fiction convention, or wherever my luck takes me.

Acquiring new items is always fun -- but sometimes, the pursuit of acquisition can be just as enjoyable.


-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment